ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-3-170-179

Abstract

The paper analyzes the existing methods for getting a numerical indicator of the quality of a technical product in the modern industry at the product design stage. The objective is currently relevant as the quantitative assessment of the quality provides comprehensive information about the object in terms of its suitability and feasibility of use for solving any technological problems and production management, and makes it possible to develop a technically complex product with the predetermined characteristics and quality. When solving problems dedicated to assessing the quality of automotive vehicles and tractors, we propose a reasonable application of the concept of mobility as an integral operational property of transport and technological machines. A variety of approaches to getting quality assessments include integral indicators, showing the greatest popularity and confirmed reliability, calculated by multi-criteria optimization methods assuming the decomposition of the integral property into the simplest components and then the aggregation of empirical indicators factoring into their weight by the additive convolution. The authors analyzed various methods of finding weighting coefficients, and indicated feasibility of their use. The study has showed that the existing approaches are devoted to assessing the quality or mobility of individual technical products and classes of automotive vehicles and tractors. Though there are no currently available impartial, universal and practical methods used to calculate the quality indicator of any transport and technological machine (TTM). The paper provides the prerequisites, contributing to the development of a universal algorithm for calculating the integral mobility index, which can form the basis of a product quality management system at the stage of designing automotive vehicles and tractors.

Keywords

quality, mobility, TTM, automotive vehicles and tractors, integral quality index, integral mobility index, weighting coefficients, multi-criteria quality assessment

For citation

Mazunova L.N., Belyakov V.V., Erofeeva L.N., Bushueva M.E. Overview of Approaches to Assessing the Quality and Mobility of Automotive Vehicles and Tractors Based on Multi-Criteria Quality Assessment Methods. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2023, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 170-179. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-3-170-179

Larisa N. Mazunova – Senior Lecturer, Institute of Transport Systems, Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-3262-8348

Vladimir V. Belyakov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Directorate for Research and Innovation, Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-0203-9403

Larisa N. Erofeeva – PhD (Physics and Mathematics), Associate Professor, Head of the Further Mathematics Department, Institute of Transport Systems, Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-6535-1459

Marina E. Bushueva – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Dean of the Department of Pre-University Training and Further Educational Services, Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-0071-2417

1. Mironov B.N., Stepanov Z.V. Istorik i matematika [Historians and mathematics]. Leningrad: Nauka, 1975, 184 p. (In Russ.)

2. Mikheeva E.N., Seroshtan M.V. Upravlenie kachest-vom: Uchebnik [Quality management: textbook]. Moscow: Dashkov and Co., 2017, 532 p. (In Russ.)

3. Belyakov V.V. Assessing mobility of transport and technological systems. «AVTO-NN-2000»: materialy mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii [AUTO-NN-2000: Proceedings of the International Scientific and Technical Conference]. Nizhny Novgorod: Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, 2000, pp. 339-357. (In Russ.)

4. Belyakov V.V., Belyaev A.M., Bushueva M.E. et al. The concept of mobility of ground transport and technological machines. Trudy NGTU im. R.E. Alekseeva [Proceedings of Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University]. 2013;(3(100)):145-174. (In Russ.)

5. Instruction I37.001.017-75. Integralnaya otsenka konkurentosposobnosti legkovykh avtomobilei s uchetom tekhnicheskogo urovnya [An integral assessment of competitiveness of light vehicles, factoring into an engineering level]. Moscow: Minavtoprom, 1975. (In Russ.)

6. Grigorev M.A., Doletsky V.A. On the issue of the feasibility study on motors and their quality management. Avtomobilnaya promyshlennost [Automotive Industry]. 1976;(3):1-3. (In Russ.)

7. Volodin A.N. A technical and economic assessment of efficiency of multi-purpose vehicles. Gruzovik [Trucks]. 1999;(7):25-27. (In Russ.)

8. Pichkalev A.V. Generalized Harrington’s desirability function for the comparative analysis of technical facilities. Issledovaniya naukograda [Studies of the Science City]. 2012;(1(1)):25-28. (In Russ.)

9. Faskhiev Kh.A. Ensuring competitiveness of products at the engineering stage. Vestnik Ufimskogo gosudarstvennogo aviatsionnogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Vestnik of Ufa State Aviation Technical University]. 2012;16(5(50)):173-184. (In Russ.)

10. Faskhiev Kh.A., Krakhmaleva A.V. A car quality assessment procedure. Ekonomicheskoe vozrozhdenie Rossii [Economic Revival of Russia]. 2006;(2(8)):57-62. (In Russ.)

11. Faskhiev Kh.A. Intelligent support of the object ranking by competitiveness. Vestnik Ufimskogo gosudarstvennogo aviatsionnogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Vestnik of Ufa State Aviation Technical University]. 2014;18(3(64)):210-224. (In Russ.)

12. Faskhiev Kh.A., Kostin I.M. Tekhniko-ekonomi-cheskaya otsenka gruzovykh avtomobilei pri razrabotke [A feasibility study on trucks at the engineering stage]. Naberezhnye Chelny: Kama Polytechnic Institute, 2002, 480 p. (In Russ.)

13. Faskhiev Kh.A., Krahmaleva A.V. A car quality assessment procedure. Marketing v Rossii i za rubezhom [Marketing in Russia and abroad]. 2005;(4):86-100. (In Russ.)

14. Seroshtan M.V., Mikheeva E.N. Kachestvo neprodovolstvennykh tovarov [Quality of non-food goods]. Moscow: Dashkov and Co., 2010. (In Russ.)

15. Saaty T.L., Kearns K. Analiticheskoe planirovanie [Analytical planning]. Moscow: Radio i Svyaz, 1991, 224 p. (In Russ.)

16. Postnikov V.M., Spiridonov V.M. Choosing weighting coefficients of local criteria by an arithmetic progression principle. Nauka i obrazovanie: nauchnoe izdanie MGTU im. N.E. Baumana [Science and Education: Scientific Journal of Bauman Moscow State Technical University]. 2015;(9):237-249. (In Russ.)

17. Postnikov V.M., Spiridonov S.B. Methods of choosing weighting coefficients of local criteria. Nauka i obrazovanie: nauchnoe izdanie MGTU im. N.E. Baumana [Science and Education: Scientific Journal of Bauman Moscow State Technical University]. 2015;(6):267-287. (In Russ.)

18. Postnikov V.M., Spiridonov S.B. Calculating weighting coefficients of criteria by a geometric progression principle. Aspirant i soiskatel [Postgraduate Students and External Postgraduate Students]. 2022;(5(132)):21-26. (In Russ.)

19. Pliev I.A., Verzhbitsky A.N. The procedure for assessing the quality of an engineering level of multi-purpose vehicles. Avtomobilnaya promyshlennost [Automotive Industry]. 1999;(11):34-36. (In Russ.)

20. Pliev I.A. Assessing an engineering level of families of multi-purpose vehicles by the analytic hierarchy process. Zhurnal avtomobilnykh inzhenerov [Journal of Automotive Engineers]. 2010;(3(62)):46-49. (In Russ.)

21. Assessing an engineering level of families of multi-purpose vehicles by the analytic hierarchy process. Zhurnal avtomobilnykh inzhenerov [Journal of Automotive Engineers]. 2010;(5(64)):50-54. (In Russ.)

22. Morozov A.V. A comprehensive comparison of military vehicles of MRAP type at the engineering stage. Zhurnal avtomobilnykh inzhenerov [Journal of Automotive Engineers]. 2015;(1(90)):40-45. (In Russ.)

23. Oleinikov A.V., Makoklyuev A.I., Dulatina L.G. et al. The method for assessing an engineering level of motors of samples of armament of armored fighting vehicles and machines. Nauka i voennaya bezopasnost [Science and Military Security]. 2022;(1(28)):17-21. (In Russ.)

24. Mazunova L.N. Dubkova M.A., Belyakov V.V. et al. Developing a procedure of calculating a mobility index for passenger cars based on a multi-objective optimization. Trudy NGTU im. R.E. Alekseeva [Proceedings of Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University]. 2021;(2(133)):102-112. (In Russ.)

25. Mazunova L.N., Belyakov V.V., Erofeeva L.N. et al. Developing a procedure of calculating a mobility index for all-wheel drive vehicles based on a multi-objective optimization. Nauchno-tekhnicheskii vestnik Bryanskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Scientific and Technical Journal of Bryansk State University]. 2022;(3):211-222. (In Russ.)

26. Мazunova L.N., Belyakov V.V., Makarov V.S. et al. A comparative analysis of methods of multi-criteria assessment of competitiveness and mobility of automotive vehicles and tractors, factoring into indicator weight. Trudy NGTU im. R.E. Alekseeva [Proceedings of Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University]. 2022;(1(136)):125-136. (In Russ.)

27. Mazunova L.N., Belyakov V.V., Makarov V.S. et al. Transforming qualitative characteristics of vehicles into quantitative indicators by the analytic hierarchy process. Trudy NGTU im. R.E. Alekseeva [Proceedings of Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University]. 2023;(1(140)):97-106. (In Russ.)

28. Prokhorov Yu.K. Upravlenie kachestvom: Uchebnoe posobie [Quality management: study guide]. Saint Petersburg: ITMO University, 2007, 144 p. (In Russ.)

29. Belyakov V.V., Bushueva M.E., Sagunov V.I. Mnogokriterialnaya optimizatsiya v zadachakh podvizhnosti, konkurentosposobnosti avtotraktornoy tekhniki i diagnostiki slozhnykh tekhnicheskikh system: ucheb. posobie [Multi-criteria optimization in problems of mobility, competitiveness of automotive vehicles and tractors and diagnostics of complex technical systems: study guide]. Nizhny Novgorod: Alekseev Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University, 2001, 271 p. (In Russ.)