ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2024-22-1-20-28

Abstract

The paper discusses the simulation of a heterogeneous interaction between a solid finely dispersed material and a gaseous reagent under conditions of the ideal mixing during roasting of zinc sulfide materials in fluidized bed furnaces. To describe the influence of parameters on the flow of technological processes, mathematical models with a set of input and output parameters are isolated from the simulated system and then combined into modules according to the functional connections. In the course of the study, the authors solved the problem of developing a model used to assess the states of the roasting process and calculating the performance of the technological system when changing external and internal parameters. The model was developed on the basis of an experimental and analytical description of the ongoing processes, the laws of chemical kinetics of heterogeneous reactions between the gas phase and solid particles, the equilibrium equations of substance flows in an ideal mixing reactor and the thermodynamic relationships of ideal gases. The designed mathematical model describes the mechanism of the roasting process, taking into account partial pressures of the reagents, the area of the reaction interaction and the rate of mixing the solid material in suspension. The block-modular model developed in the Matlab Simulink software package contributes to identifying the main processes and parameters in the structured system of blocks, carrying out simulation modeling, evaluating and predicting the influence of various conditions on process indicators, and optimizing the technological system. The authors combined individual processes into computational modules used to create a systematic hierarchical mathematical description as the computational blocks, resulting in a visual and well-structured system, where it is convenient to highlight the necessary parameters and processes for modeling and study. The model clearly reflects the mechanism of roasting a zinc concentrate in fluidized bed furnaces and the change in its parameters depending on the process conditions, and this is applicable for similar processes in the metallurgical and chemical production.

Keywords

mathematical modeling, ideal mixing, Simulink, roasting, fluidized bed, chemical kinetics, zinc metallurgy, numerical methods, computational modules

For citation

Zarochentsev V.M., Rutkovsky A.L., Kondratenko T.V., Makoeva A.K. Block-Modular Simulation and Study on a Bimolecular Heterogeneous Interaction During Roasting of Metal Sulfide. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2024, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 20-28. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2024-22-1-20-28

Vladimir M. Zarochentsev – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Information Technology and Systems, North Caucasus Mining and Metallurgical Institute (State Technological University), Vladikavkaz, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0009-0006-8380-6158

Aleksandr L. Rutkovsky – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Professor of the Department of Metallurgy of Non-Ferrous Metals and Automation of Metallurgical Processes, North Caucasus Mining and Metallurgical Institute (State Technological University), Vladikavkaz, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Tatiana V. Kondratenko – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor of the Department of Metallurgy of Non-Ferrous Metals and Automation of Metallurgical Processes, North Caucasus Mining and Metallurgical Institute (State Technological University), Vladikavkaz, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Alla K. Makoeva – Teaching Assistant of the Department of Metallurgy of Non-Ferrous Metals and Automation of Metallurgical Processes, North Caucasus Mining and Metallurgical Institute (State Technological University), Vladikavkaz, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Beloglazov I.I. Modelirovanie i upravlenie protsessom obzhiga metallurgicheskikh kontsentratov v pechakh kipyashchego sloya: dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Modeling and control of a metallurgical concentrate roasting process in fluidized bed furnaces: PhD thesis]. Saint Petersburg, 2012. 126 p.

2. Tolibov B.I., Saidakhmedova L.A., Utkirova Sh.I. Review of technologies for oxidizing roasting of sulfide gold-containing cakes of bacterial leaching. Journal of Advances in Engineering Technology. 2022;(1):64-67. (In Russ.)

3. Saidakhmedova L.A., Tolibov B.I., Zhabborova S.G., Islomov I.N. Review of the study on the technology of oxidizing roasting of gold-containing carbonaceous concentrates. Universum: tekhnicheskie nauki [Universum: Technical Sciences]. 2023;(2(107)):38-43. (In Russ.)

4. Kimyaev I.T., Spesivtsev A.V. A fuzzy-possibilistic approach to managing the complexity of integrated information and control systems. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Priborostroenie [Journal of Instrument Engineering]. 2022;65(11):813-817. (In Russ.)

5. Alkatsev V.M., Rutkovsky A.L., Makoeva A.K. Study on the process of roasting zinc concentrates in a fluidized bed by mathematical modeling. iPolytech Journal. 2022;26(4):669-676. (In Russ.)

6. Smolyaninov V.V., Danilyants A.E., Gudushauri Z.B., Khadzaragova E.A. Mathematical modeling of the roasting process in a fluidized bed. Sintez nauki i obrazovaniya kak mekhanizm perekhoda k postindustrialnomu obshchestvu: sb. st. Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Synthesis of science and education as a mechanism of the transition to a post-industrial society: Collection of research papers of the International Scientific and Practical Conference]. Ufa, 2020, pp. 66-68. (In Russ.)

7. Kudasov A.M. Computer modeling of metallurgical processes in AnyLogic. Nauka i sovremennost [Science and Modernity]. 2012;(19-2):60-67. (In Russ.)

8. Munts V.A., Ivakina S.A., Choinzonov D.B. Study on the zinc sulfide concentrate oxidation kinetics in a fluidized bed furnace. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Energetika [Bulletin of South Ural State University. Series: Power Engineering]. 2017;17(3):34-42. (In Russ.)

9. Trusov B.G. Modeling of kinetics of chemical transformations: a thermodynamic approach. Vestnik MGTU im. N.E. Baumana. Seriya «Estestvennye nauki» [Herald of Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Series: Natural Sciences]. 2005;(3):26-38. (In Russ.)

10. Zarochentsev V.M., Kondratenko T.V., Makoeva A.K. Dynamics of the reaction in a cell with ideal mixing in the solution. Inzhenerny vestnik Dona [Engineering Bulletin of the Don]. 2018;(2(49)):66. (In Russ.)

11. Zarochentsev V.M., Kondratenko T.V., Makoeva A.K. Statistical analysis methods for a stationary kinetic model of an ideal mixing cell. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta inzhenernykh tekhnologiy [Bulletin of Voronezh State University of Engineering Technologies]. 2018;80(4):133-137. (In Russ.)

12. Zarochentsev V.M. Application of the method of block modeling of the cascade of leaching reactors in Matlab. Izvestiya vuzov. Tsvetnaya metallurgiya [Izvestiya. Non-Ferrous Metallurgy]. 2006;(4):61-66. (In Russ.)

13. Zarochentsev V.M., Rutkovsky A.L., Bolotaeva I.I. Block-modular simulation of the mechanism of physical and chemical processes occurring during the Waelz process of zinc cakes. Sovremennaya nauka: aktualnye problemy teorii i praktiki. Seriya: Estestvennye i Tekhnicheskie Nauki [Modern Science: Current Problems of Theory and Practice. Series: Natural and Technical Sciences]. 2023;(12):62-72. (In Russ.)

14. Corina M.D., Popa G.N., Iagar A. Mathematical modeling and simulation in Matlab/Simulink of processes from iron ore sintering plants. WSEAS Transactions on Systems. 2009;8(1):34-43.

15. Khoshnam F., Khalesi M.R., Darban A.K., Zarei M.J. Development of a dynamic population balance plant simulator for mineral processing circuits. Int. J. Min. & Geo-Eng. 2015;49(1):143-153.

16. Sereda S.N. Features of modeling chemical reactors in Matlab. Metody i ustroystva peredachi i obrabotki informatsii [Information Transmission and Processing Methods and Devices]. 2021;(23):89-94. (In Russ.)

17. Ivakina S.A., Munts V.A. A fluidized bed furnace for roasting zinc concentrates as an object of control. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Inzhiniring georesursov [Bulletin of Tomsk Polytechnic University. Geo Assets Engineering]. 2018;329(9):31-42. (In Russ.)

18. Narzullaev Zh.N.U., Fazliddinova Kh.V.K., Sheraliev B.Z.U. Study on chemical transformations, when roasting resistant gold-containing raw materials. Fundamentalnye i prikladnye nauchnye issledovaniya: aktualnye voprosy, dostizheniya i innovatsii: sb. st. LVI Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Basic and applied scientific research: Current issues, achievements and innovations. Collection of research papers of the 56th International Scientific and Practical Conference]. Penza, 2022, pp. 78-80. (In Russ.)

19. Kupriyashkin A.G., Petukhova L.I. Mathematical models of metallurgical processes in AnyLogic. Nauchnyy vestnik Arktiki. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Scientific Bulletin of the Arctic. Technical Sciences]. 2019;(5):6-12. (In Russ.)

20. Orlov A.K. Staging of sulfide oxidation during oxidizing roasting of polymineral sulfide concentrates. Zapiski Gornogo instituta [Journal of the Mining Institute]. 2006;169:163-166. (In Russ.)

21. Alkatsev M.I., Alkatsev V.M., Voloshin S.B., Dzgoev A.E., Abaev Z.K. Simulation modeling of roasting zinc concentrates in fluidized bed furnaces. Vestnik YuUrGU. Seriya: Metallurgiya [Bulletin of South Ural State University. Series: Metallurgy]. 2018;18(3):26-32. (In Russ.)

22. Rutkovsky A.L., Dyunova D.N. et al. Study on the process of roasting zinc concentrates in a fluidized bed by a mathematical modeling method. Gorny informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)]. 2013;(3):217-222. (In Russ.)

23. Kornilitsin D.K., Dadiomov R.Yu., Shumikhin A.G. To acquire knowledge on the management of the technological process of drying kcl in a fluidized bed furnace at a potash plant in order to develop an expert system. Avtomatizirovannye sistemy upravleniya i informatsionnye tekhnologii: mater. Vseros. nauch.-tekhn. konf. [Automated control systems and information technology: Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific and Technical Conference]. Perm, 2022, vol. 1, pp. 350-354. (In Russ.)

24. Seregin P.S., Rumyantsev D.V., Maksimov D.B. Improving the design of copper concentrate roasting furnaces using a physical modeling method. Zapiski Gornogo instituta [Journal of the Mining Institute]. 2005;165:160-162. (In Russ.)

25. Lyubanova A.Sh., Minishin D.D., Gushchin M.A. Simulation of the control process of roasting the molybdenum concentrate in a fluidized bed furnace. Vysshaya shkola: nauchnye issledovaniya: mater. Mezhvuz. mezhdunar. kongressa [Higher School: Scientific research. Proceedings of the Interuniversity International Congress]. Moscow, 2022, pp. 223-231. (In Russ.)