ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2024-22-1-5-12

Abstract

Relevance of the study. The volume of using friction stabilizers shows a clear upward trend. Their current share is 31% of the total volume of roof bolts. At the same time, expanding the scope of application and increasing efficiency is ensured by increasing load-bearing capacity of the friction stabilizer Fb. The increase is achieved by using higher quality steels or changing the anchor design. The first option is associated with increased manufacturing costs. In this regard, a priority is given to the second option. Objective. The developed design of the reinforced friction stabilizer includes in the head part an insert made of a material, showing less elastic modulus as compared with the stabilizer rod. To calculate load-bearing capacity, an analytical model should be created to factor into the features of the changes made. Originality. Force interaction corresponding to the design of the reinforced friction stabilizer is presented in a loading diagram, where the effect of the reinforcing insert on bending moment in the anchor rod is presented as a distributed load, whose value is determined through its elastic modulus. The adopted loading diagram factors into the features of joint elastic deformation of the wall of the anchor rod and the insert. Result. The resulting analytical model allows us to study the influence of every design parameter on load-bearing capacity of the rod fixed in a borehole, Fb. Practical Relevance. The proposed analytical model used to calculate load-bearing capacity of friction stabilizers of a new design provides us with a rationale for assigning its parameters when developing passports for supporting mine openings.

Keywords

combined anchor support, friction stabilizer, load-bearing capacity, loading diagram, analytical model

For citation

Neugomonov S.S., Zubkov A.A., Samigulin V.A., Kutlubaev I.M. Study on Force Interaction between a Reinforced Friction Stabilizer and a Borehole. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2024, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 5-12. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2024-22-1-5-12

Sergey S. Neugomonov – PhD (Eng.), Technical Director, LLC UralEnergoResurs, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Anton A. Zubkov – DrSc (Eng.), General Director, LLC UralEnergoResurs, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Vadim A. Samigulin – postgraduate student, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Ildar M. Kutlubaev – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-1761-4258

1. Eremenko V.A., Razumov E.A., Zayatdinov D.F. Modern bolting technologies. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskii byulleten [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)]. 2012;(12):38-45. (In Russ.)

2. Lushnikov V.N., Eremenko V.A., Sandy M., Bucher R. Supporting mine openings in deformable and rock-bump hazardous rock massifs. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal]. 2014;(4):37-44. (In Russ.)

3. Zubkov A.A., Zubkov A.V., Kutlubaev I.M., Latkin V.V. Improving the design and technology of installation of supports with friction stabilizers. Gornyi zhurnal [Mining Journal]. 2016;(5):48-52. (In Russ.)

4. Zubkov A.A., Zubkov A.E., Mukhamedyarova M.S. Sektsiya ankernoi krepi [Roof bolting section]. Patent RU, no. 158226, 2015.

5. Zubkov A.A., Kalmykov V.N., Kutlubaev I.M., Naidenova M.S. Providing a rationale for characteristics of friction-type anchor supports. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskii byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskii zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)]. 2019;(10):35-43. (In Russ.)

6. Zubkov A.A., Zubkov A.E. Ankernaya krep [Roof bolting]. Patent RU, no. 95029, 2009.

7. Zubkov A.A., Kutlubaev I.M. Friktsionnyi anker [Friction stabilizer]. Patent RU, no. 201514, 2020.

8. Zubkov A.A., Kutlubaev I.M., Muhamedjarova M.S. Calculation of load-bearing capacity of tubula anchor of friction type. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. IOP Publishing, 2019, vol. 272, no. 2. Article ID 022052.

9. Evans D.W. Friction bolt assembly. AU 2016369657 B2, 2016.

10. Zubkov A.A., Zubkov Ar.A., Neugomonov S.S., Ibragimova G.R., Sakharov E.M. Anker s friktsionnym zakrepleniem [Friction stabilizer]. Patent RU, no. 220177, 2023.

11. Feodosev V.I. Soprotivlenie materialov: uchebnik dlya vuzov [Strength of materials: university textbook]. Moscow: Nauka. Chief Editorial Board of Literature on Physics and Mathematics, 1979, 560 p. (In Russ.)

12. Neugomonov S.S., Zubkov A.A., Kutlubaev I.M., Kulsaitov R.V. Method and equipment for determining the load bearing capacity of friction bolts. Gornaya promyshlennost [Russian Mining Industry]. 2023;(5):83-87. (In Russ.)