ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-4-56-62

Abstract

This paper considers mathematical modeling of the cutting process with parallel knives. It has been found that when designing the cutting process, it is important to factor into the influence of cutting forces on the mechanical properties of steel of the strip being cut, the shape and dimensions of cutting tools, as well as the process conditions, to get more accurate calculations, determine optimal cutting parameters and select cutting tools to improve performance and the quality of the cutting process. The research results contributed to reducing the discrepancy between the calculated and experimental values of cutting forces by 30% as compared with a series of experiments using the Korolev technique. The paper presents experimental data on determining cutting coefficient . The method proposed for determining the cutting coefficient is one of the methods for studying metal cutting. It is based on cutting wedge-shaped sheet samples with inclined knives. This method is used to obtain data on the geometric parameters of the cutting zone and increase accuracy of calculating the forces of cutting with inclined knives. Accuracy of determining the cutting coefficient is an important factor in cutting mechanics to calculate the required parameters of the cutting mode to achieve maximum efficiency and minimal loss of the material and time. In addition, cutting wedge-shaped sheet samples with inclined knives is useful, when testing new materials or developing new tools for cutting metals.

Keywords

sheet metal shears, cutting coefficient, cutting process

For citation

Terentyev D.V., Baiguzin M.R., Platov S.I., Zvyagina E.Yu., Tyuteryakov N.Sh. Mathematical Modeling of the Process of Cutting Sheet Metal with Parallel Knives. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2023, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 56-62. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-4-56-62

Dmitry V. Terentyev – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Rector, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-7960-180Х

Marsel R. Baiguzin – applicant of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Sergey I. Platov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-4868-4881

Elena Yu. Zvyagina – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0009-0001-4948-5366

Nail Sh. Tyuteryakov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-5008-4156

1. Korolev A.A. Konstruktsiya i raschet mashin i mekhanizmov prokatnykh stanov [Design and calculations of machines and mechanisms of rolling mills]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1985, 376 p. (In Russ.)

2. Tselikov A.I., Polukhin P.I. et al. Mashiny i agregaty metallurgicheskikh zavodov. V 3-kh t. T. 3. Mashiny i agregaty dlya otdelki prokata [Machines and lines of metallurgical plants. In 3 volumes. Vol. 3. Machines and lines for trimming rolled products]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1981, 576 p. (In Russ.)

3. Potapenkov A.P., Baiguzin M.R., Pilipenko S.S. Specific work of forces of cutting the rolled products with shears. Izvestiya vuzov. Chernaya metallurgiya [Izvestiya. Ferrous Metallurgy]. 2016;59(8):531-535. (In Russ.)

4. Matveev A.D., Shpunkin N.F., Gotovkin V.M. et al. Obrazets dlya ispytaniya listovykh materialov na sdvig v ploskosti lista [A sample for shear testing of sheet materials in the plane of sheets]. Author’s Certificate SU, no. 938091A1, 1982.

5. Drobakhin G.A. Sposob issledovaniya mekhanicheskikh svoystv materiala [A method of studying mechanical properties of materials]. Author’s Certificate SU, no. 1555645 A1, 1990.

6. Smirnov V.I. Sposob opredeleniya kriticheskogo koeffitsienta intensivnosti napryazheniy pri prodolnom sdvige [A method of determining a critical stress intensity factor during longitudinal shear]. Author’s Certificate SU, no. 1002890 A1, 1983.

7. Savinov A.S., Petrov P.P., Mordinov N.S. Sposob opredeleniya formy profilei nadrezov na poverkhnosti tverdykh tel [A method of determining a shape of cutting profiles on the surface of solids]. Patent RU, no. 2132535 C1, 1999.

8. Lukashkin N.D., Kokhan L.S., Yakushev A.N. Konstruktsii i raschet mashin i agregatov metallurgicheskikh zavodov: uchebnik dlya vuzov [Design and calculations of machines and lines of metallurgical plants: university textbook]. Moscow: NKTs, 2003, 436 p. (In Russ.)

9. Terentev V.S., Tsalyuk M.B. Adyustazh tekhnolis-tovykh stanov. Otdelochnye mashiny [Auxiliaries of sheet mills. Trimming machines]. Sverdlovsk: Metallurgizdat. Sverdlovsk Branch, 1961, 344 p. (In Russ.)

10. Seleznev M.E., Alekseenko S.V., Borovik P.V. Prospects of development of technology and equipment of cutting to length sheet products by shears with inclined knives. Tyazheloe mashinostroenie [Heavy Engineering]. 2019;(5-6):34-36. (In Russ.)

11. Nikonorov L.V. Power parameters of cutting rolled products with shears. Tekhnologicheskoe obespechenie kachestva mashin i priborov: sb. st. II Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Technological quality assurance of machines and devices: Proceedings of the 2nd All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference]. Penza: Volga Region Center of Knowledge, 2005, pp. 25-29. (In Russ.)

12. Yashcheritsyn P.I. et al. Teoriya rezaniya: uchebnik dlya studentov vuzov [Theory of cutting: university textbook]. Minsk: Novoe znanie, 2005, 512 p. (In Russ.)

13. Pavlova N.G., Nikitin S.V., Emelyushin A.N. Studying operation conditions of a shearing press for scrap processing to increase its performance. Vestnik Mag-nitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo uni-versiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2013;(3(43)):81-85. EDN RCNMMX.