ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-4-13-22

Abstract

Relevance. Despite a number of difficulties, the role of coal in the global energy balance keeps remaining important with an increase in consumption volumes, mainly by Asian and African countries. The volumes of coal production and export from Russia will increase due to its Eastern regions. The use of accumulated knowledge about the development of large coal deposits contributes to the evaluation and development of new subsoil use objects at a higher qualitative level. Objectives. The research is aimed at analyzing the conditions and experience of the operation of the coal mining complexes of Kuzbass, the Kansk-Achinsk Coal Basin and South Yakutia from the standpoint of their subsequent use in the development of new deposits. Methods Applied. The analysis of information on the resource base, efficiency of solutions used and planned for use at enterprises for coal production and supply to consumers; synthesis of approaches to the assessment and rational management of large industrial coal complexes. Originality. It has been shown that large complexes for openpit coal mining are based on the most important brachysyncline-type deposits in terms of coal reserves and quality with favorable mining and geological conditions. The authors revealed a discrepancy between a number of design solutions and the actual conditions of functioning of the complexes and the operation of open pits, especially in terms of the declared demand for coal, the complexity of mining and geological conditions for development, the choice of types of mining transport equipment and drainage methods. Result and practical relevance. It has been noted that the resource base of coal complexes is sufficient for sustainable long-term mining, but their potential natural resources are not always fully used. The paper describes trends in the development of industrial complexes using the cluster approach as an organizational form of interaction between all the facilities of deposit development and the coal products supply chains created on their basis.

Keywords

coal, reserves, field, brachysyncline, open-pit mining, industrial complex, cluster

For citation

Cheskidov V.I., Gavrilov V.L., Reznik A.V., Nemova N.A. Conditions and Experience of Establishing Industrial Complexes at Coal Deposits in the Eastern Regions of Russia. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2023, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 13-22. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-4-13-22

Vladimir I. Cheskidov – PhD (Eng.), Lead Researcher, Chinakal Institute of Mining, SB, RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-5584-7821

Vladimir L. Gavrilov – PhD (Eng.), Lead Researcher, Chinakal Institute of Mining, SB, RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-2401-455X

Aleksandr V. Reznik – PhD (Eng.), Senior Researcher, Chinakal Institute of Mining, SB, RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-0077-3404

Natalia A. Nemova – PhD (Eng.), Senior Researcher, Chinakal Institute of Mining, SB, RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-5050-611X

1. IEF Outlooks Comparison Report. IEA-IEF-OPEC Symposium on Energy Outlooks. 2023. February. https://www.ief.org/events/13th-iea-ief-opec-symposium-on-energy-outlooks (Accessed on March 15, 2023)

2. BP Energy Outlook: 2023 edition. BP Energy Eco-nomics. https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/ energy-economics.html (Accessed on March 15, 2023)

3. Plakitkin Yu.А., Plakitkina L.S., Dyachenko K.I. Coal as the basis of a great civilization leap and new opportunities for world development. Ugol [Coal]. 2022;(8):77-83. (In Russ.)

4. Gavrilov V.L., Tkach S.M. About digital technologies of mining enterprises in the conditions of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity. Gornyi infor-matsionno-analiticheskii byulleten [Mining Informa-tional and Analytical Bulletin]. 2019;(11(special issue 37)):112-121. (In Russ.)

5. Coal Market Update // IEA. International Energy Agency. 2023. July. 23 p. https://www.iea.org (дата обращения 14.09.2023).

6. Novak А. Russia’s energy policy: A turn to the East. Energeticheskaya politika [Energy Policy]. 2023;(6):14-19. (In Russ.)

7. Ryabov G.A., Tumanovskii A.G., Epikhin A.N. De-carbonization of heat and power generation at fossil fuel power plants. Teploenergetika [Thermal Engineering]. 2023;(1):5-20. (In Russ.)

8. Petrenko I.E. 2022 Russia’s coal industry performance. Ugol [Coal]. 2023;(3):21-33. (In Russ.)

9. Latypov Z.G., Kandalova E.B. Gosbalans zapasov poleznykh iskopaemykh Rossiyskoy Federatsii na 01 yanvarya 2022 goda. Ugol. Sibirskiy federalnyi okrug [State balance of mineral reserves of the Russian Federation as of January 01, 2022. Coal. Siberian Federal District]. Moscow: Federal State Budgetary Institution Rosgeolfond, 2022, iss. 91, vol. 7, part 1, 488 p. (In Russ.)

10. Gusareva T.V. Gosbalans zapasov poleznykh iskopaemykh Rossiyskoy Federatsii na 01 yanvarya 2022 goda. Ugol. Sibirskiy federalnyi okrug [State balance of mineral reserves of the Russian Federation as of January 01, 2022. Coal. Siberian Federal District]. Moscow: Federal State Budgetary Institution Rosgeolfond, 2022, iss. 91, vol. 7, part 2, 236 p. (In Russ.)

11. Krylov V.V., Gusareva T.V., Kandalova E.B. Gosbalans zapasov poleznykh iskopaemykh Rossiyskoy Federatsii na 01 yanvarya 2022 goda. Ugol. Dalnevos-tochnyi federalnyi okrug [State balance of mineral reserves of the Russian Federation as of January 01, 2022. Coal. Far Eastern Federal District]. Moscow: Federal State Budgetary Institution Rosgeolfond, 2022, iss. 91, vol. 8, 440 p. (In Russ.)

12. Cheskidov V.I. Performance potential of the coal strip mining in the east of Russia. Journal of Mining Science. 2007;43(4):429-435.

13. Cheskidov V.I., Gavrilov V.L., Khoyutanov E A., Reznik A.V., Nemova N.A. Specifics of open pit mining in brachysyncline-type coalfields. Journal of Mining Science. 2022;58(4):561-570.

14. Cheskidov V.I., Reznik A.V. Open pit mining technologies for watered lignite deposits in the Kansk-Achinsk basin. Journal of Mining Science. 2019;55(1):96-104.

15. Strelnik M.M. Metody upravleniya i otsenki riskov predpriyatiy v usloviyakh klastera [Cluster enterprise risk management and assessment methods]. Saint Pe-tersburg: Saint Petersburg State University of Economics, 2018, 152 p. (In Russ.)

16. Fonotov A.G., Bergal O.E. Territorial clusters in the spatial development system: foreign experience. Prostranstvennaya ekonomika [Spatial Economics]. 2020;16(4):113-135. (In Russ.)

17. Porter M.E. Konkurentsiya [Competition]. Moscow: Williams, 2005, 608 p. (In Russ.)

18. Soboleva S.Yu., Petrova A.E. Transformation of understanding a cluster category. Psikhologiya. Ekonomika. Pravo [Psychology. Economics. Law]. 2014;(4):77-82. (In Russ.)

19. Gagarina G.Yu., Chaynikova L.N., Sorokina N.Yu. Industrial clusters in Russia: Old problems and new challenges. Vestnik REU im. G.V. Plekhanova [Vestnik of the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics]. 2021;(4):78-85. (In Russ.)

20. Komov I.V., Yakovenko N.V. "Cluster" as a compli-cated organizational and economic system: approaches to a definition of the concept. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle [Proceedings of Tula State University. Earth Sciences]. 2016;(1):188-196. (In Russ.)

21. Gavrilov V.L., Vasiliev P.N. Prerequisites for the formation and development prospects of the South Yakutia coal cluster. Prirodnye i intellektualnye resursy Sibiri: materialy 13-y Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Natural and Intellectual Resources of Siberia: Proceedings of the 13th International Scientific and Practical Conference]. Kemerovo, 2010, part 2, pp. 21-26. (In Russ.)

22. Kryukov V.A. Subsoil knowledge economy in time and space. Upravlenie naukoy: teoriya i praktika [Science Management: Theory and Practice]. 2020;2(4):71-117. (In Russ.)

23. Tkach S.M. Geotekhnologii otkrytoy dobychi na mestorozhdeniyakh so slozhnymi gorno-geologicheskimi usloviyami [Open pit mining technologies for mineral deposits in complex mining and geological conditions]. Novosibirsk: Geo, 2013, 307 p. (In Russ.)

24. Drankova N.A., Denisova Ya.V. Problems of efficiency of the quality management system and ways to solve them in the new economic environment. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2023;21(1):65-73. (In Russ.)

25. Freidina E.V., Botvinnik A.A., Dvornikova A.N. Sistemnoe upravlenie kachestvom ugley pri otkrytoy razrabotke mestorozhdeniy Sibiri [Systematic manage-ment of the coal quality in open-pit mining in Siberia]. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2019, 264 p. (In Russ.)

26. Maiorova T.V., Ponomareva O.S., Pavlova I.E. Sustainable development of metallurgical enterprises: Aspects, criteria, indicators. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2022;20(2):140-147. (In Russ.)

27. Shupletsov A.F., Zhang Yanjie. China's Inner Mongolia cluster for diversified processing of brown coal. Baikal Research Journal. 2021;12(1). (In Russ).

28. Khoreshok A.A., Litvin O.I., Dubinkin D.M., Markov S.O., Tyulenev M.A. Synergetic approach to solving geoenvironmental problems of coal mining and coal processing subclusters. Ugol [Coal]. 2022;(12):82-87. (In Russ.)

29. Krasnyansky G.L. Development strategy of the Karakan coal and energy cluster. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskii byulleten [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin]. 2015;(S1):649-653. (In Russ.)