ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-3-137-143

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). The development of modern technology and microelectronics fosters the improvement of methods applied to produce and process thin-film superconducting micro- and nanostructures, including YBa2Cu3O7-x (YBCO) films. This determines the relevance of the task of forming superconducting YBCO films on strontium titanate substrates with a thickness of over 50 nm. Methods Applied. To form thin-film microstructures, the authors used a multifunctional universal laser lithography unit with an Nd:YAG solid-state laser with radiation wavelengths of 532 and 1064 nm. Originality. The authors have first detected threshold power densities, when the film starts melting and photoablation occurs. It has been revealed that at a laser radiation wavelength of λ = 532 nm, the threshold of laser ablation for YBCO films with a thickness of 30 to 200 nm is reached at an energy density of 1.36 J/cm2. Regarding YBCO films with a thickness of 100 nm, the laser ablation threshold is 1.44 J/cm2 at λ =1064 nm of laser exposure. It has been established that in case of infrared laser radiation, thin-film coatings with a thickness of less than 40 nm become transparent, presenting an obstacle to creating a film-based microstructure. Result. We have determined the optimal values of the laser radiation energy density to form the qualitative YBCO film photoablation boundary, and threshold values of the laser radiation energy density that correspond to film melting. Practical Relevance. The detected threshold value of energy density, when a qualitative boundary of the YBCO films photoablation is formed at a laser wavelength of 532 nm, turned out to be 1.36 J/cm2. This indicates that the YBCO thin films have a sufficiently high absorption coefficient of such radiation; therefore, this radiation can be used to form microstructures in the wide thickness range.

Keywords

superconducting structures, laser exposure, energy density, YBCO films, laser lithography

For citation

Pozygun I.S., Seropyan G.M., Sychev S.A., Fedosov D.V., Teploukhov A.A., Semenyuk N.A. Features of Interaction between Nanosecond Laser Radiation and YBCO Films. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2023, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 137-143. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-3-137-143

Irina S. Pozygun – Senior Lecturer, Dostoevsky Omsk State University, Omsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-2262-264X

Gennady M. Seropyan – PhD (Physics and Mathematics), Associate Professor, Dostoevsky Omsk State University, Omsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-8626-2893

Sergey A. Sychev – PhD (Physics and Mathematics), Associate Professor, Dostoevsky Omsk State University, Omsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-3849-8927

Denis V. Fedosov – Training Instructor, Dostoevsky Omsk State University, Omsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-5617-112X

Andrey A. Teploukhov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Omsk State Technical University, Omsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-5649-2871

Natalya A. Semenyuk – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Omsk State Technical University, Omsk, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-0103-7684

1. Grigoryants A.G. Osnovy lazernoy obrabotki materialov. [Fundamentals of laser processing of materials]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1989, 304 р. (In Russ.)

2. Shugurov A.R., Panin A.V. Mechanisms of stress generation in thin films and coatings Tekhnologiya. Fizika. [Technology. Physics]. 2020;(65):1881-1904. (In Russ.)

3. José M. De Teresa. Nanoscale direct-write fabrication of superconducting devices for application in quantum technologies. Materials for Quantum Technology. 2023;3(1):1-9.

4. Lee Y.H., Schneiderman J. Focus on SQUIDs in biomagnetism. Superconductor Science and Technology. 2018;31(8):080201.

5. Masterov D.V., Pavlov S.A., Parafin A.E. et al. Investigation of the parameters of superconducting and insulating elements of structures obtained on YBCO films by master mask with decreasing their size. Physics of the Solid State. 2021;63(10):1480-1484.

6. Masterov D.V., Pavlov S.A., Parafin A.E. et al. On a possibility to fabricate YBCO bridges with the perfect surface, critical temperature over 88 K and critical current density up to 5×106 A/cm2. Physics of the Solid State. 2020;62(9):1562-1566.

7. Komissinsky F.V., Ovsyannikova G.A., Ilyichev E. et al. Detection of the second harmonic of phase dependence of superconducting current in heterojunctions Nb/Au/YBCO. Pisma v Zhurnal eksperimentalnoy i teoreticheskoy fiziki [JETP Letters]. 2001;73(7):361-365. (In Russ.)

8. Malnou M., Feuillet-Palma C., Ulysse C., Faini G., Febvre P., Sirena M., Olanier L., Lesueur J., Bergeal N. High-Tc superconducting Josephson mixers for terahertz heterodyne detection. Journal of Applied Physics. 2014;116:074505.

9. Antonov A.V., Masterov D.V., Mikhailov A.N. et al. Effect of ion irradiation on electronic transport in YBCO thin films. Fizika tverdogo tela [Solid State Physics]. 2022;64(9):1162-1168. (In Russ.)

10. Vopilkin E.A., Vostokov N.V., Parafin A.E. Research of the properties of the edge of a strip structure from a high-temperature superconductor. Mikrosistemnaya tekhnika [Microsystems Technology]. 2003;(4):10. (In Russ.)

11. Petrov M.I., Popkov S.I., Terentyev K.Yu. et al. Forming high-temperature superconducting layers at the boundaries of non-superconducting phases. Pisma v Zhurnal tekhnicheskoy fiziki [Technical Physics Letters]. 2020;46(20):11-14. (In Russ.)

12. Pozygun I.S., Seropyan G.M., Sultanov I.R. et al. Interactions between nanosecond laser radiation and a surface of single-crystal strontium titanate. Zhurnal tekhnicheskoy fiziki [Technical Physics]. 2017; 87(8):1261-1263. (In Russ.)

13. Tyutyunnikov S.I., Shaliapin V.N., Balalykin N.I. et al. Opticheskie svoystva sverkhprovodyashchikh plenok YBCO, BSCCO, TBCCO v vidimoy i blizhnei infrakrasnoy chasti spektra [Optical properties of YBCO, BSCCO, TBCCO superconducting films in the visible and near infrared part of the spectrum]. Dubna: JINR, 1995, 10 p. (In Russ.)

14. Okunev V.D., Isaev V.A., Gierlowski P., Klimov A., Lewandowski S.J. Thermal effects in amorphous YBaCuO layers when interacting with high-power laser radiation. Pisma v Zhurnal tekhnicheskoy fiziki [Technical Physics Letters]. 2005;(14):22-29. (In Russ.)