ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-3-97-113

Abstract

This paper formulates a methodology for solving the problem of assessing and improving durability and reliability of the operation of rolls of hot strip mills based on modeling their contact interaction with a plastically deformable strip. This is relevant according to the description of major 2.6.4 “Metal forming”. By justifying the reasons for unsuitability of the known models of roll failures for the correct assessment of durability and, moreover, operational reliability of the rolls, the paper describes a methodological approach to solving these problems using a new mathematical apparatus. To carry out the analytical evaluation of durability of rolls, the authors have developed a set of interconnected closed systems of equations that model not only the processes of their contact interaction, but also the physical processes of the formation of their gradual resource failures according to the criteria of strength and wear resistance of materials. The solution of systems of algebraic equations allows us to formulate a methodology for calculating the mean life of every roll according to the most dangerous failure criterion in the process of rolling strips of a known product range. To carry out the analytical assessment of reliability of the operation of the rolls, systems of equations have been additionally formulated describing the process of converting the operational hours of hot strip mills into the annual volume of its products and models of the processes of failure formation of those low reliable parts and assemblies, whose loss of operation causes downtime of the mill. In this case, the algorithmization of the models allows us to formulate the sequence used to calculate a main indicator of operational reliability of rolls, annual output of hot strip mills, as a function of the mean life of every low reliable element, including rolls, and the duration of mill downtime due to its failure according to the most dangerous criterion. The actual strategy (methodology) of solving both problems consists in conducting theoretical studies on the model of the contact interaction between work and back-up rolls and the strip, as well as failure-free performance of low reliable resource elements, to analyze and select technically and economically feasible solutions to improve durability and reliability of rolls, efficiency of the operation of the hot strip mill under study.

Keywords

methodology, durability, operational reliability, rolls, life, main technological complex, efficiency, performance

For citation

Antsupov A.V., Jr., Antsupov A.V., Antsupov V.P., Ryskina E.S. Methodology of Theoretical Assessment of Durability and Reliability of Operation of Rolls of Four-High Stands by Modeling Their Contact Interaction with Strips. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2023, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 97-113. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-3-97-113

Aleksei V. Antsupov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-9432-9517

Aleksandr V. Antsupov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow, Russia. Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-9237-424X

Viktor P. Antsupov – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-8187-5479

Elena S. Ryskina – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0002-7209-857

1. State standard GOST R 57188-2016. Chislennoe modelirovanie fizicheskikh protsessov. Terminy i opredeleniya [Numerical modeling of physical processes. Terms and definitions]. Moscow: Standartinform, 2016, 12 p. (In Russ.)

2. State standard GOST R 57412-2017. Kompyuternye modeli v protsessakh razrabotki, proizvodstva i ekspluatatsii izdeliy. Obshchie polozheniya [Computer models in design, manufacturing and maintenance. General]. Moscow: Standartinform, 2018, 15 p. (In Russ.)

3. State standard GOST R 27.102-2021. Nadezhnost v tekhnike. Nadezhnost obekta. Terminy i opredeleniya [Dependability in technics. Dependability of an item. Terms and definitions]. (IEC 60050-192:2015, NEQ). Moscow: Russian Standardization Institute, 2021, 46 p. (In Russ.)

4. State standard GOST 27.005-97. Nadezhnost v tekhnike. Modeli otkazov. Osnovnye polozheniya [Dependability in engineering. Failure models. Main provisions]. Interstate standard of EASC. Minsk: State Standards of the Republic of Belarus, 2005, 43 p. (In Russ.)

5. Utkin V.F., Kryuchkov Yu.V. Nadezhnost i effektivnost v tekhnike: spravochnik [Dependability and efficiency in engineering: Handbook]: in 10 volumes. Vol. 3. Effektivnost tekhnicheskikh sistem [Efficiency of engineering systems]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1988, 328 p. (In Russ.)

6. State standard GOST 27.204-83. Nadezhnost v tekhnike. Tekhnologicheskie sistemy. Tekhnicheskie trebovaniya k metodam otsenki nadezhnosti po parametram proizvoditelnosti [Industrial product dependability. Technological systems. Technical requirements for methods of reliability evaluation on productivity parameters]. Moscow: Publishing House of Standards, 1984, 41 p. (In Russ.)

7. Tselikov A.I., Polukhin P.I., Grebenik V.M. et al. Mashiny i agregaty metallurgicheskikh zavodov [Machines and facilities of metallurgical plants]. In 3 volumes. Vol. 3. Mashiny i agregaty dlya proizvodstva i otdelki prokata. Uchebnik dlya vuzov [Machines and facilities used for production and finishing of rolled products. Textbook for universities]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1988, 680 p. (In Russ.)

8. Garber E.A. Stany kholodnoy prokatki: (teoriya, oborudovanie, tekhnologiya) [Cold rolling mills: (theory, equipment, technology)]. Moscow: OJSC Chermetinformatsiya; Cherepovets: Cherepovets State University, 2004, 416 p. (In Russ.)

9. Borovik L.I., Dobronravov A.I. Tekhnologiya podgotovki i ekspluatatsii valkov tonkolistovykh stanov [Technology of preparation and operation of rolls of sheet rolling mills]. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1984, 104 p. (In Russ.)

10. Technical directive RTM 24.010.20-74. Raschet na dolgovechnost (po ustalosti) uzlov i detaley metallurgicheskogo oborudovaniya. Opredelenie ekvivalentnoy nagruzki [Calculation of durability (fatigue) of components and parts of metallurgical equipment. Determination of equivalent load]. Moscow: All-Russian Research and Design Institute for Metallurgical Engineering, 1974, 31 p. (In Russ.)

11. Berkovich I.I., Gromakovsky D.G. Tribologiya. Fizicheskie osnovy, mekhanika i tekhnicheskie prilozheniya [Tribology. Physics, mechanics, and technical applications]. Samara: Samara State Technical University, 2000, 268 p. (In Russ.)

12. Recommendations R 50-95-88. Rekomendatsii. Obespechenie iznosostoikosti izdelii [Recommendations. Ensuring wear resistance of products]. Moscow: State Committee of the USSR for Standards, 1989, 24 p.

13. Pronikov A.S. Parametricheskaya nadezhnost mashin [Parametric reliability of machines]. Moscow: Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 2002, 560 p. (In Russ.)

14. Fedorov V.V. Osnovy ergodinamiki i sinergetiki deformiruemykh tel: monografiya [Fundamentals of ergodynamics and synergetics of deformable bodies: Monograph]. Kaliningrad: Kaliningrad State Technical University, 2014, 222 p. (In Russ.)

15. Kozhevnikova I.A., Garber EA. Razvitie teorii tonkolistovoy prokatki dlya povysheniya effektivnosti raboty shirokopolosnykh stanov: monografiya [Development of the theory of sheet rolling to improve efficiency of hot strip mills: Monograph]. Cherepovets: Cherepovets State University, 2010, 275 p. (In Russ.)

16. Salganik V.M., Poletskov P.P. Modelirovanie deformatsii i nagruzok valkovoy sistemy kvarto i povyshenie kachestva listovogo prokata po profilyu: Monografiya [Modeling of deformations and loads of the four-high stand system and improving the quality of rolled sheets according to the profile: Monograph]. Magnitogorsk: Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2009, 133 p. (In Russ.)

17. Virabov R.V. Tyagovye svoistva friktsionnykh peredach [Hauling properties of friction gears]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1982, 263 p. (In Russ.)

18. Salganik V.M., Poletskov P.P., Vier I.V. et al. Development of profiling of rolls for a double-stand reversing mill at OJSC MMK factoring into the size, grade range and durability of rolls]. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2003;(3):19-22. (In Russ.)

19. Salganik V.M., Poletskov P.P., Kukhta Yu.B. et al. Quality management of hot rolled products by their profile and flatness based on the automated system. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2010;(1):59-62. (In Russ.)

20. Kragelsky I.V., Mikhin N.M. Uzly treniya mashin: spravochnik [Friction units of machines: Handbook]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1984, 280 p. (In Russ.)

21. Antsupov A.V., Jr., Antsupov A.V., Antsupov V.P. et al. A model of parametric failures of four-high stand systems by various criteria. Proizvodstvo prokata [Production of Rolled Products]. 2015;(2):35-42. (In Russ.)

22. Garber E.A., Khlopotin M.V. Modelirovanie i sovershenstvovanie teplovogo rezhima i profilirovok valkov shirokopolosnykh stanov goryachey prokatki: Monografiya [Modeling and improvement of thermal conditions and roll profiling of hot strip mills: Monograph]. Cherepovets: Cherepovets State university; Moscow: Teplotekhnik, 2013, 113 p. (In Russ.)

23. Antsupov A.V., Jr., Antsupov A.V., Antsupov V.P. et al. An energy and mechanical concept of predicting durability of friction units by the criterion of wear resistance of elements. Trenie i iznos [Friction and Wear]. 2016;37(5);636-642. DOI: 10.3103 / S 1068366616050032 (In Russ.)

24. Antsupov A.V., Jr., Antsupov A.V., Antsupov V.P., Makarova P.V., Lyasheva Yu.S. Evaluating and ensuring efficiency of main equipment of hot strip mills. Mekhanicheskoe oborudovanie metallurgicheskikh zavodov [Mechanical Equipment of Metallurgical Plants]. 2019;(1(12)):15-24. (In Russ.)

25. Antsupov A.V., Jr., Antsupov A.V., Antsupov V.P. An analytical method for design evaluation of life of elements of metallurgical machines. Izvestiya vuzov. Chernaya metallurgiya [News of Universities. Ferrous Metallurgy]. 2017;60(1):30-35. (In Russ.)