ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-3-15-26

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). Development of simple methods of the criterion estimation of the potential selective disintegration at the stage of fine crushing is a relevant task due to involving in processing of small batches of mining and metallurgical wastes, considerably differing by structural, technological, physical, mechanical and chemical properties. The fine crushing stage is often the first method of the disintegration in flow charts of processing of technology-related raw materials, already partially crushed in the primary process of mining and beneficiation. It means that it is the stage of the product formation, when heterophase aggregates should be uncovered if possible. To ensure a quick predictive assessment used to make a reasonable choice of a fine crushing method providing the greatest selectivity of the disintegration, a suitable tool can be scoring. Objectives. The research is aimed at providing a rationale for points and criteria of scoring for a centrifugal impact grinding method based on our long-term studies on mineralogical, structural and textural features and patterns of the disintegration of metallurgical wastes. Methods Applied. A system approach to the formation of key indicators influencing efficiency of selectivity of crushing based on a comprehensive analysis of the material and technological characteristics of metallurgical slags, peculiar features of their composition, structure and properties, the previously obtained data on their correlation with efficiency of crushing technology-related aggregates of the material on the interface surface by an impact method of the disintegration. Originality. The authors made a novel attempt to provide a rationale for the composition of key indicators for determining the value of the integrative criterion used to predict the potential selective disintegration of technology-related, complex structured raw materials in centrifugal impact facilities based on scoring. Result. The authors proposed a system of assessment criteria, the composition of key indicators and the scale of assessment and interpretation of results. Practical Relevance. A supported choice of the fine crushing method based on the developed criterion will contribute to reducing losses in beneficiation processes.

Keywords

integrative criterion, fine crushing, selectivity, release, scoring, technology-related mineral raw materials, centrifugal impact, slags

For citation

Gorlova O.E., Orekhova N.N., Kolodezhnaya E.V., Kolkova M.S., Glagoleva I.V. Providing a Rationale for an Integrative Criterion to Predict the Potential Selective Disintegration of Technology-Related, Complex Structured Raw Materials. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2023, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 15-26. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-3-15-26

Olga E. Gorlova – DrSc (Eng.), Associate Professor, Professor of the Department of Geology, Mine Survey and Beneficiation of Minerals, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Natalia N. Orekhova – DrSc (Eng.), Associate Professor, Professor of the Department of Geology, Mine Survey and Beneficiation of Minerals, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Ekaterina V. Kolodezhnaya – PhD (Eng.), Lead Researcher of the Mining Ecology Department, Melnikov Institute of Comprehensive Exploitation of Mineral Resources, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Mariya S. Kolkova – PhD (Geology and Mineralogy), Senior Lecturer of the Department of Geology, Mine Survey and Beneficiation of Minerals, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Irina V. Glagoleva – Senior Lecturer of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Information Science, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Marchenko N.V., Kovtun O.N. Metallurgicheskoe syrie [Metallurgical raw materials]. Krasnoyarsk, 2017, 221 p. (In Russ.)

2. Khopunov E.A. A role of load factors in forming the selective crushing of ores. Obogashchenie rud [Ore beneficiation]. 2011;(2):24. (In Russ.)

3. Aleksandrova T.N., Afanasova A.V., Kuznetsov V.V., Babenko T.A. Study on selective disintegration processes of copper-nickel ores from the Zapolyarny deposit. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)]. 2021;(12):73-87. (In Russ.)

4. Smolyakov A.R. Interfaces of the mineral intergrowth in ore. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)]. 2007;(11):346-353. (In Russ.)

5. Ramdohr P. Rudnye mineraly i ikh srastaniya [Ore minerals and their intergrowth]. Moscow: Publishing House of Foreign Literature, 1962, 1432 p. (In Russ.)

6. Pirogov B.I. Methodology of process mineralogy and nature of process properties of minerals. Rezultaty fundamentalnykh i prikladnykh issledovaniy po razrabotke metodik tekhnologicheskoy otsenki rud metallov i promyshlennykh mineralov na rannikh stadiyakh geologorazvedochnykh rabot [Results of basic and applied studies on developing procedures for a technological assessment of metal ores and industrial minerals at early stages of exploration activities]. Petrozavodsk: Karelian Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2006, p. 6. (In Russ.)

7. Smolyakov A.R. Release of minerals during ore crushing. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)]. 2007;(8):224-234. (In Russ.)

8. Gazaleeva G.I. et al. Criteria of selecting optimal ore preparation process flow charts. Obogashchenie rud [Ore beneficiation]. 2015;(6):3-8. (In Russ.)

9. Morozov V.V., Demyanenko A.P., Nikolaeva T.S. Study on the stage beneficiation of mixed copper-molybdenum ores during stage-by-stage release of mineral complexes. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)]. 2010;(9):128-135. (In Russ.)

10. Vasiliev P.V. Razrabotka metoda prognozirovaniya i kontrolya stepeni raskrytiya magnetita na osnove stereologicheskogo analiza pri obogashchenii zhelezistykh kvartsitov: dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk [Development of the method for predicting and monitoring of the release of magnetite based on a stereological analysis during beneficiation of ferruginous quartzites: PhD thesis]. Moscow: Moscow Institute of Mining, 1989. 194 p.

11. Golovin Yu.I. et al. Size effects of elastic and strength properties of separate phases and interface boundaries of polycrystalline materials. Izvestiya Rossiiskoy akademii nauk. Seriya fizicheskaya [Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics]. 2016;80(5):573-577. (In Russ.)

12. Gzogyan T.N., Golovin Yu.I., Tyurin A.I., Gzogyan S.R. Influence of the interface of intergrowth of ferruginous quartzite minerals on ore preparation. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopaemykh [Journal of Mining Sciences]. 2017;(3):154-162. (In Russ.)

13. Shadrunova I.V, Ozhogina E.G., Orekhova N.N., Gorlova O.E., Chekushina T.V., Kolodezhnaya E.V., Stefunko M.S., Vorobev K.A. Adaptatsiya tekhnologiy sukhoy pererabotki gornopromyshlennykh otkhodov: metod. ukazaniya [Adapting technologies of dry processing of mining wastes: guidelines]. Yekaterinburg, 2018, 50 p. (In Russ.)

14. Nikandrov S.N. An approved system of classifications of main groups of rock-forming minerals (amphiboles, pyroxenes, micas) as matrix models. Geologiya i mineralogiya Ilmenogorskogo kompleksa: situatsiya i problemy [Geology and mineralogy of the Ilmenogorsk complex: situation and difficulties]. Miass, 2006, pp. 131-160. (In Russ.)

15. Khalkechev R.K., Kashirskiy A.S., Khalkechev K.V. Controlling the technology of crushing materials based on a mathematical simulation of sustainable and unsustainable cracking. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) [Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)]. 2014;(11):359-366. (In Russ.)

16. Khopunov E.A. Difficulties of simulating the ore disintegration. Sovremennye nauchnye issledovaniya i innovatsii [Modern Research and Innovation]. 2016;(1):102-112. (In Russ.)

17. Gorlova O.E., Orekhova N.N., Kolodezhnaya E.V., Kolkova M.S. Providing a rationale for parameters of ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgical slags for the selective centrifugal impact disintegration. Sovremennye problemy kompleksnoy i glubokoy pererabotki mineralnogo syrya prirodnogo i tekhnogennogo proiskhozhdeniya (Plaksinskie chteniya – 2022): materialy mezhdunar. konf. [Current difficulties of integrated and advanced processing of mineral raw materials of natural and technology-related origins (The 2022 Plaksin Readings): Proceedings of the International Conference]. Moscow, 2022, pp. 365-368. (In Russ.)

18. Chanturiya V.A., Shadrunova I.V., Gorlova O.E. Innovative processes of advance and environmentally safe processing of technology-related raw materials during new economic challenges. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy [Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories]. 2021;13(2(48)):224-237. (In Russ.)

19. Zarubin M.Yu. Neural networks in systems for controlling ferrous metal ore crushing and beneficiation processes. Sovremennye tendentsii tekhnicheskikh nauk: materialy III Mezhdunar. nauch. konf. [Current trends in engineering sciences: Proceedings of the 3rd International Research Conference]. Kazan: Book, 2014, pp. 33-40. (In Russ.)

20. Konnova N.I. Rudnaya i tekhnologicheskaya mineralogiya: ucheb. posobie [Ore and process mineralogy: study guide]. Krasnoyarsk: Siberian Federal University, 2019, 176 p. (In Russ.) ISBN 978-5-7638-4086-5

21. A quantitative analysis of images. Available at: http://structure.by/index.php/metallografiya/31-kolichestvennyj-analiz-izobrazhenij

22. Shadrunova I.V., Ozhogina E.G., Kolodezhnaya E.V., Gorlova O.E. Assessing selectivity of the disintegration of metallurgical slags. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopaemykh [Journal of Mining Sciences]. 2013;(5): 180-190. (In Russ.)

23. Artamonov A.V., Garkavi M.S., Gorlova O.E., Kolodezhnaya E.V., Shadrunova I.V. Dry beneficiation technologies for natural and technology-related raw materials using centrifugal impact machines. Sovremennye tendentsii v oblasti teorii i praktiki dobychi i pererabotki mineralnogo i tekhnogennogo syrya: materialy mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii, priurochennoy k 90-letiyu so dnya osnovaniya instituta «Uralmekhanobr» [Current trends in the field of theory and practice of mining and processing of mineral and technology-related raw materials: Proceedings of the International Research and Practical Conference devoted to the 90th anniversary of the Uralmekhanobr Institute]. Yekaterinburg, 2019, pp. 140-143. (In Russ.)

24. Shadrunova I.V., Gorlova O.E., Kolodezhnaya E.V. Technology of producing high-quality concentrates from dump metallurgical slags. Obogashchenie rud [Ore beneficiation]. 2019;(4):54-60. (In Russ.)