ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-2-137-145

Abstract

The paper considers the issue of building an automated intelligent instrumentation and control system for evaluating physical and chemical parameters in the production of building materials applied in manufacturing steel structures used in the construction of offshore oil and gas platforms operating in difficult meteorological conditions. Steel structures installed in the marine environment are subject to high loads and corrosion; therefore, it is necessary to carry out an in-depth analysis of the design elements and characteristics of the facility under study and the impacts to which they are exposed, and take preventive measures. The research is aimed at creating and introducing an intelligent instrumentation and control system for preparing the composition of materials in accordance with currently applicable standards. A main function of this system is to scan the composition of materials, measure and evaluate parameters that fully reflect their characteristics. This approach to solving the problem, the use of materials based on modern production technologies, is typical for oil and gas platforms currently under construction in the Caspian sector of Azerbaijan. A long-term operation of structures made of these materials should provide resistance to maximum loads, severe storms, alkaline properties of seawater and other exposures. To achieve this objective, the parameters of manufactured building materials with the required physical and chemical properties were studied, classified and formed as a knowledge base. The intelligent system is based on scanning sensors applying intelligent technologies, software controllers of the modern generation and other ICT tools. The system has a multiparametric and variable structural principle and can be easily adapted to the type of materials. It can scan with high accuracy physical and chemical changes of any building materials in real production processes and make decisions at this moment. Thus, the use of an intelligent scanning system will ensure the production of strong and durable building materials for manufacturing structures operating in harsh natural conditions and meeting international standards.

Keywords

intelligent system, multiparametric variable structure, adaptation, scanning, physical and chemical properties, substance composition, material, quality, production

For citation

Isaev M.M., Mahmudbeyli L.S., Khasayeva N.M. Development of an Intelligent System for Scanning the Composition of a Substance. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2023, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 137-145. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-2-137-145

Mazahir M. Isaev – DrSc (Eng.), Associate Professor, Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction, Baku, Azerbaijan. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-0515-5725

Leyla S. Mahmudbeyli – doctoral student, Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction, Baku, Azerbaijan. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0009-0007-6618-3443

Natavan M. Khasayeva – doctoral student, Azerbaijan Technical University, Baku, Azerbaijan. Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-3496-2040

1. Demina L.N. Metody i sredstva izmereniy, ispytaniy i kontrolya: ucheb. posobie [Measurement, testing and control methods and tools: Study guide]. Moscow: National Research Nuclear University Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, 2010, 292 p. (In Russ.)

2. Korotin A.I., Lazarev A.L., Svyatkina G.N. et al. Ultrazvukovoy kontrol metallicheskikh konstruktsiy: ucheb. posobie [Ultrasonic testing of steel structures: Study guide]. Saransk: Publishing House of Mordovia University, 2015, 112 p. (In Russ.)

3. Kuznetsova V.B., Sergeev A.I., Serdyuk A.I., Popov A.V. Sovershenstvovanie protsessa izgotovleniya slozhnykh izdeliy s ispolzovaniem PDM-sistem [Improving the process of manufacturing complex products using PDM systems]. Orenburg: Orenburg State University, 2013, 143 p. (In Russ.)

4. Myasnikov V.V., Glumov N.I., Sergeev V.V. Metody obnaruzheniya i raspoznavaniya obektov na tsifrovykh izobrazheniyakh [Methods for detecting and recognizing objects in digital images]. Samara: Publishing House of Samara State Aerospace University, 2006, 168 p. (In Russ.)

5. Rebrin Yu.I. Upravlenie kachestvom: ucheb. posobie [Quality management: Study guide]. Taganrog: Publishing House of Taganrog Radio Engineering University, 2004, 174 p. (In Russ.)

6. Selivanova Z.M., Joan T.A. Metody i algoritmy povysheniya tochnosti informatsionno-izmeritelnykh sistem teplofizicheskikh svoystv teploizolyatsionnykh materialov: monografiya [Methods and algorithms for improving accuracy of information and measuring systems of thermo-physical properties of heat-insulating materials: Monograph]. Tambov: Publishing House of Tambov State Technical University, 2018, 160 p. (In Russ.)

7. Strakhov A.F. Multi-parameter measuring systems. Izmeritelnaya tekhnika [Measurement Equipment]. 2005;(4):3-7. (In Russ.)

8. Tolmachev I.I. Magnitnye metody kontrolya i diagnostiki: ucheb. posobie [Magnetic methods of control and diagnostics: Study guide]. Tomsk: Publishing House of Tomsk Polytechnic University, 2008, 216 p. (In Russ.)

9. Egerton R.F. Fizicheskie printsipy elektronnoy mikroskopii. Vvedenie v prosvechivayushchuyu, rastrovuyu i analiticheskuyu elektronnuyu mikroskopiyu: monografiya [Physical principles of electron microscopy. Introduction to transmission, scanning and analytical electron microscopy: Monograph]. Moscow: Technosphere, 2010, 300 p. (In Russ.)

10. http://ntcexpert.ru/953-metody-nerazrushayushchego-kontrolya (Accessed on March 12, 2023)

11. XRF metal analyzers, XRF spectrometers: prices, configuration and the principle of a spectral analysis of alloys. LLC PVP SNK in Moscow (pvp-snk.ru) (Accessed on March 15, 2023)

12. https://hub.exponenta.ru/post/raspoznavanie-obektov-3-veshchi-kotorye-neobkhodimo-znat244 (Accessed on March 15, 2023)