ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-1-45-54

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). Currently, industrial robots are used in the industry as part of robotic complexes for machining large-sized parts made from composite materials and metals. For example, control panels of electric locomotives, three-dimensional curved shells, etc. The existing methods for designing a rotary machining operation based on robotic complexes follow the empirical selection of cutting conditions for every specific product; therefore, they are limited in their versatility. The lack of methods for the reasonable assignment of cutting modes and the choice of a cutting tool, taking into account the assessment of the oscillatory process in the technological system during machining on the basis of robotic complexes, negatively influences both the output of machining (downgrading of machining modes in order to ensure accuracy and quality) and time required to introduce the parts into production. Methods Applied. The paper studies the oscillatory processes in the technological system and the possibility of taking them into account when developing a methodology for designing a machining operation with rotating tools based on a robotic complex. Originality. A study examined oscillations of a robotic complex during rotary machining of largesized non-rigid parts with a rotating tool in order to determine rigidity of the technological system. Result. The authors determined the dependence between oscillations on the spindle of an industrial robot and micro-displacements of the workpiece, contributing to calculating rigidity of the technological system of the robotic complex. Practical Relevance. The research carried out makes it possible to determine rigidity of the technological system of the robotic complex by test machining of parts, which will contribute to a subsequent assignment of cutting modes that provide the specified accuracy at maximum performance.

Keywords

machining, rotating tool, robotic complex, oscillatory process, micro-displacements, industrial robot, milling

For citation

Guzeev V.I., Sergeev S.V., Nurkenov A.Kh., Batuev V.V., Sergeev Yu.S., Nesteryuk E.V. Study on Oscillations of the Technological System of a Robotic Complex to Implement the Technique of Designing Rotary Machining Opera-tions. Vestnik Magnitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2023, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 45-54. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-1-45-54

Viktor I. Guzeev – DrSc (Eng.), Professor, South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. 0000-0002-8277-1217

Sergey V. Sergeev – PhD (Eng.), Professor, South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. 0000-0001-7868-4295

Anton Kh. Nurkenov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. 0000-0002-5832-031X

Viktor V. Batuev – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-9969-4310

Yury S. Sergeev – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0003-1028-8346

Egor V. Nesteryuk – postgraduate student, South Ural State University (National Research University), Chelyabinsk, Russia Еmail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-6955-7702

1. Afonin V.L. Robotic complexes for finishing of gasturbine engine blades. Ekstremalnaya robototekhnika [Extreme Robotics]. 2017;(1):382-386. (In Russ.)

2. Afonin V.L., Ilyukhin Yu.V., Yakovlev M.G. et al. The intelligent robotic complex for finishing the flow path of the blades of gasturbine engines. Vestnik MGTU Stankin [Bulletin of STANKIN Moscow State University of Technology]. 2019;(3):49-56. (In Russ.)

3. Gorisev S.A., Efremenko A.P. Autodesk PowerMill 2018 capabilities in mechanical engineering. Tekhnologiya mashinostroeniya i materialovedeniya [Mechanical Engineering Technology and Materials Science]. 2018;(2):6-8. (In Russ.)

4. Saranin L.G., Malenko P.I., Zakharov S.K., Belov D.K., Kostygova O.V. Manufacturing a casting and molding set using a FANUC robot]. Izvestiya Tulskogo universiteta. Tekhnicheskie nauki [Proceedings of Tula University. Engineering Sciences]. 2018;(12):519-527. (In Russ.)

5. Rasskazchikov N.G. The use of industrial robots in abrasive cleaning operations]. Mekhatronika, avtomatika i robototekhnika [Mechatronics, Automation and Robotics]. 2019;(3):10-13. (In Russ.)

6. Dudarev A.S. Innovative application of robots for the production of products from polymer composite materials. STIN [Machines and Tools]. 2018;(10):2-6. (In Russ.)

7. Perez R., Gutiérrez S.C., Zotovic R. A study on robot arm machining: Advance and future challenges. 29th International DAAAM Symposium on Intelligent Manufacturing and Automation. Croatia: Danube Adria Association for Automation and Manufacturing. 2018;931-940.

8. Bo T., XingWei Z., Han D. Mobile-robotic machining for large complex components: A review study. Science China Technological Sciences. 2019;62(8):1388-1400.

9. Iglesias I., Ares J.E., González-Gaya C., Morales F., Rosales V.F. Predictive methodology for dimensional path precision in robotic machining operations. IEEE Access. 2018;6(3):49217-49223.

10. Peng J.F., Ding Y., Zhang G., Ding H. Smoothness-oriented path optimization for robotic milling processes. Science China Technological Sciences. 2020;63(9):1751-1763.

11. Enikeev B.A., Sayduganov A.R., Akmaev O.K., Kudoyarov R.G. Experimental studies on rigidity of a robot machine. Machine Tool Building and Innovative Mechanical Engineering: Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific and Technical Conference. Ufa: Ufa State Aviation Technical University; 2019;273-276. (In Russ.)

12. Butenko V.I., Davydova I.V., Atoyan T.V. Influence of dynamic rigidity of a technological robot on the quality of the machined surface of parts. Vestnik Bryanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Bryansk State Technical University]. 2019;(2(75)):21-27. (In Russ.)

13. Kudoyarov R.G., Fetsak S.I., Basharov R.R. A method for measuring the vibration resistance of a robot machine]. Machine Tool Building and Innovative Mechanical Engineering: Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific and Technical Conference. Ufa: Ufa State Aviation Technical University; 2019;292-296. (In Russ.)

14. He F.-X., Liu Y., Liu K. A chatter-free path optimization algorithm based on stiffness orientation method for robotic milling. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2019;101(9-12):2739-2750.

15. Mamedov S., Popov D., Mikhel S., Klimchik A. Increasing machining accuracy of industrial manipulators using reduced elastostatic model. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering. 2020;613:384-406.

16. Klimchik A., Pashkevich A., Chablat D. MSA-technique for stiffness modeling of manipulators with complex and hybrid structures. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2018;51(22):37-43.

17. Gabitov А.А., Kalyashina A.V. Analysis of ensuring positioning accuracy of industrial robots. Vestnik Kazanskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta im. A.N. Tupoleva [Bulletin of Tupolev Kazan State Technical University]. 2018;(4):49-54. (In Russ.)

18. Gaimalov A.F., Enikeev B.A., Tipeev A.N., Fetsak S.I., Idrisova Yu.V. Measurement of natural and forced frequencies of a robot machine and the 500V/5 model machine. Machine Tool Building and Innovative Mechanical Engineering: Proceedings of the All-Russian Scientific and Technical Conference. Ufa: Ufa State Aviation Technical University; 2019;318-324. (In Russ.)

19. Barnfather J.D., Goodfellow M.J., Abram Т. Achievable tolerances in robotic feature machining operations using a low-cost hexapod. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 2018;95(1-4): 1421-1436.

20. Xiong G., Ding Y., Zhu L. Stiffnessbased pose optimization of an industrial robot for five-axis milling. Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing. 2019;55:19-28.

21. Nurkenov A.Kh., Guzeev V.I., Batuev V.V., Nesteryuk E.V., Pavlov S.A. Experimental study on rigidity of a technological system based on KUKA KR 300 R2500 ULTRA industrial robot. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Mashinostroenie [Bulletin of South Ural State University]. 2022;22(1):48-58. (In Russ.)