ISSN (print) 1995-2732
ISSN (online) 2412-9003

download PDF

DOI: 10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-1-5-14

Abstract

Problem Statement (Relevance). The article proposes the concept of a selective preparation of mineral raw materials by controlling the parameters of drilling and blasting operations, taking into account the quality requirements at the stages of extraction and processing. The requirements for the quality of the preparation for excavation are considered from three main positions: geometry of receiving openings, requirements for the quality of mineral raw materials and types of commercial products, and safety of blasting operations. The parameters of drilling and blasting operations are determined based on the cyclic transformation of disintegration products in the processes of preparation of mineral raw materials during extraction and processing. Disintegration is understood in this research as the selective destruction (softening) of an array (structural parting) into individual particles (fragments) or lumps with formed contrasting struc-tural elements of exposure and separation. Objectives. The article is aimed at providing a rationale for the parameters of drilling and blasting operations used to disintegrate mineral raw materials in compliance with the principle of the selective formation of a contrasting structural element of exposure and separation for every process of the preparation of open geotechnology and the dressing stage. Methods Applied. An integrated approach was used to achieve this objective. Such integrated approach within the framework of the study includes methods of scientific analysis of published Russian and foreign studies, analysis of analytical and empirical dependencies for comparison with the results of practical research. Result. The proposed concept of the selective preparation contributes to increasing efficiency of extraction and processing of mineral raw materials by controlling the parameters of drilling and blasting operations.

Keywords

mineral raw materials, preparation, drilling and blasting operations, disintegration, texture, structure, extraction, processing, quality parameters

For citation

Domozhirov D.V. On the Issue of Increasing Efficiency of Mining and Processing of Mineral Raw Materials by Controlling the Parameters of Drilling and Blasting Operations to Achieve Quality Requirements. Vestnik Magnitogor-skogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universiteta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Tech-nical University]. 2023, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 5-14. https://doi.org/10.18503/1995-2732-2023-21-1-5-14

Dmitry V. Domozhirov – PhD (Eng.), Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Mineral Deposits Development, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. ORCID 0000-0001-9904-5820

1. Khopunov E.A. New aspects of the selective destruction of mineral raw materials. Izvestiya vuzov. Gornyi zhurnal [News of Higher Educational Institutions. Mining Journal]. 2013;(6):130-138. (In Russ.)

2. Kozin V.Z. Waste-free mining technologies. Izvestiya vuzov. Gornyi zhurnal [News of Higher Educational Institutions. Mining Journal]. 2001;(4/5):169-190. (In Russ.)

3. Pytalev I.A., Domozhirov D.V., Ugolnikov N.V., Prokhorov A.A., Pronin V.V. Ensuring a high quality of the blasting preparation of rocks for excavation with an open mining method in difficult mining and geological conditions and a significant increase in the scale of operations. Marksheiderski vestnik [Mine Surveying Bulletin]. 2021;(5-6(144-145)):116-121. (In Russ.)

4. Pytalev I.A., Domozhirov D.V., Shvabenland E.E., Prokhorov A.A., Pronin V.V. Method of improving the quality of the preparation of rocks for excavation when using emulsion explosives in quarries with high ledges. Marksheiderski vestnik [Mine Surveying Bulletin]. 2021;(6(145)):62-67. (In Russ.)

5. Malyarov I.P. Energy intensity of the rock destruction processes during blasting and mechanical crushing in mining and processing: abstract of the thesis of doctor of engineering sciences. Kemerovo: The USSR Academy of Sciences. Coal Institute; 1990. 46 p. (In Russ.)

6. Tangaev I.A. Energy intensity of mining and processing of minerals. Moscow: Nedra, 1986. (In Russ.)

7. Padukov V.A., Malyarov I.P. Mechanics of rock destruction during explosion. Irkutsk: Publishing House of Irkutsk State University; 1985. 128 p. (In Russ.)

8. Kutuzov B.N. Methods of blasting operations: university textbook. Part 1. Destruction of rocks by blasting. Moscow: Gornaya kniga; 2009. 471 p. (In Russ.)

9. Ugolnikov N.V., Domozhirov D.V., Karaulov N.G., Prokhorov A.A. Improving the production technology of drilling and blasting operations by blasting of high ledges. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering: 15, Nizhny Tagil, 18-19 June 2020. Nizhny Tagil;2020:012022. DOI 10.1088/1757-899X/ 966/1/012022.

10. Ugolnikov N.V., Domozhirov D.V. Providing a rationale for reasonable parameters of the location of pairedcontiguous wells in quarries of non-metallic building materials. Combined Geotechnology: Transition to a New Technological Paradigm. Collection of articles of the International Conference. Magnitogorsk; 2019;361-369. (In Russ.)

11. Domozhirov D.V., Pytalev I.A., Nosov I.I., Nosov V.I. Improving the quality of crushing and optimizing the parameters of drilling and blasting operations when using emulsion explosives and highledge mining technology at ore deposits. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskii byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskii zhurnal) [Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (Scientific and Technical Journal)]. 2016;(S36):35-42. (In Russ.)

12. Pergament V.Kh. Factoring into the spatial dispersion of the explosive charge in blasting. Engineering methods of explosion control: proceedings. Magnitogorsk: Magnitogorsk Institute of Mining and Metal-lurgy; 1971;(89):3-14. (In Russ.)

13. Pergament V.Kh. Critical speeds and parameters of drilling and blasting operations. Engineering methods of explosion control: proceedings. Magnitogorsk: Magnitogorsk Institute of Mining and Metallurgy; 1971;(89):40-48. (In Russ.)

14. Pergament V., Malarov I., Firstov P., Gitterman Y. Experimental evaluation of nearsource seismic effects of quarry blasts. The 26th General Assembly of the European Seismological Commission (ESC). Tel Aviv; 1998;29.

15. Pergament V., Melnikov Iv., Suraev V., Melnikov I., Vassiliev K., Kotik M., Shevtsov N. Ensuring seismic safety of the explosive works and evaluation of the consequences related to technogenic and natural seismic events. Minno delo i Geologia. Bulgaria, Sofia; 2014;(1-2):57-63.

16. Prokhorov A.A. Providing a rationale for parameters of open geotechnology for integrated development of white marble deposits: abstract of the thesis of PhD in engineering sciences. Magnitogorsk; 2022. 22 p. (In Russ.)